Hong Kong Education Image Database
Graduate Certificate, the Rural Training College, 1956 (Kwong Kai-to)
- Title Type: Descriptive
- Creator Information: Issued by the Education Department (Hong Kong, established in 1865) and the Rural Training College (Hong Kong, 1946-1954)
- Creation Date: 08/03/1956
- Creation Place:
- Dimensions: 33 x 40.6 cm
- Materials/Techniques: Paper, black ink printing
- Special Markings: Inscribed by the creator, left to right on left-hand side in black typing ink : "This is to certify that Kwong Kai To having been admitted to the Rural Training College on 1st September 1951 and having pursued a course of study prescribed by the said College, passed the final examination on 31st July 1953, and served the subsequent two-year period of probationary teaching in an approved school in Hong Kong to our satisfaction." ; signed and dated : "Eighth day of March, one thousand nine hundred and fifty six" ; Inscribed by the creator, right to left on right-hand side in black typing ink : "鄺啟濤在本校修業期滿考核成績及格且曾在本港學校 服務兩年成績美滿應准予畢業此證" ; signed and dated : "一九五六年三月八日"
- Physical Appearance: Cream paper with black typing ink and black pen inscription. B/W passport photo with embossed stamp of the Hong Kong Education Department adhered on middle right.
- Subject Index:
- Note: The Rural Training College, which was run between 1946 and 1954, was a two-year-curriculum teacher training college. The Rural Training College provided quality teachers for rural school in the New Territories. Students were required to study education, general subjects, technical subjects agriculture and practice farming methods so they would be able to carry out various duties in rural schools after graduation. The photo shows the graduate certificate of Dr. Kwong Kai-to, who entered the school in 1951 and became a practice teacher in a rural school for 2 years after passing the assessment in 1953. He had been the principal of Ying Yin Catholic Primary School and Tai Po Leung Sing Tak Primary School and devoted his entire life to rural education until retirement in 1992.
- Object Types:
- Credit Lines:
- Rural Training College Past Students Association
- Permanent URL: https://imagedb.museum.eduhk.hk/items/73cd9bb2
- Reference Number: 000699