Hong Kong Education Image Database
Couplet : "羅才晉士禮賢始，富國強民教育先"
- Title Type: Descriptive
- Creator Information: Composed by Dr Li Chau Yuan (Hong Kong), written by Mr Cho Chung Ngok (Hong Kong)
- Creation Date: Dingmao year 
- Dimensions: 173 x 30 x 0.7 cm
- Materials/Techniques: Wood
- Special Markings: Inscribed on the couplet : "羅才晉士禮賢始 / 富國強民教育先 / 李超源撰句 / 曹忠岳書 / 丁卯年三月"
- Physical Appearance: Reddish brown rectangular wooden block with gold ink inscription.
- Subject Index:
- Note: The couplet was composed by Dr Li Chau Yuan and given to the Northcote College of Education. The couplet means : "In order for a nation to be strong, it has to promote education and nurture the talented".
- Object Types:
- Credit Lines:
- Hong Kong Institute of Education
- Permanent URL: https://imagedb.museum.eduhk.hk/items/6d33a78b
- Reference Number: 000705